Skip to content
- Xi Jinping has been elected President of China for an unprecedented third term.
- About 3,000 members of China’s rubber-stamp parliament – the National People’s Congress (NPC) – voted unanimously on 10 March to elect Xi Jinping as president.
- With this, Xi Jinping has become the first leader of China who is holding the post of President for the third consecutive time.
- In the year 2013, he became the President of China for the first time. After that in 2018, he was elected the President of the country for the second time.
- China’s parliament also elected Zhao Lejie as the new parliament speaker and Han Zheng as the new vice speaker.