- The Uttar Pradesh state government will very soon provide free travel to women above 60 years of age in government buses.
- CM Yogi Adityanath said that his government will provide free travel in government buses to women above 60 years of age.
- The CM has also announced 48 hours free bus travel for women in the state on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
- Women can travel for free in government buses between midnight of 11th August & midnight of 12th August.
States Current Affairs
Current Affairs from States of India, important for Competitive Exam.
- Nitish Kumar has submitted his resignation from the post of Chief Minister of NDA in Bihar to the Governor of the state Phagu Chauhan.
- He also handed over letters of support of 160 MLAs to stake claim to form the new government.
- In the 243-member assembly, BJP has 77 MLAs and the JD(U) 45.
- The RJD is currently the single largest party with 79 MLAs, 19 of the Congress and 17 of the CPI(ML)-led Left Front.
- Kerala government is all set to come up with an alternative to the popular corporate online cab service by launching its own e-taxi service in August 2022.
- This is considered to be the 1st such initiative by any state government in the country.
- Online taxi hiring service ‘Kerala Savari’ is being started by the state.
- This is the 1st time that any state government is starting online taxi service in the country.
Qns : Which state of India started online cab service?
Ans : Kerala government is all set to come up with an alternative to the popular corporate online cab service by launching its own e-taxi service in August 2022.
- Kerala is now the 1st and only state in the country to have its own internet service, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who made the announcement.
- The announcement comes in the wake of (KFON) Kerala Fiber Optic Network Limited, an ambitious IT infrastructure project of the government to make the Internet accessible to all in the state, after receiving an Internet Service Provider (ISP) license from the Department of Telecommunications.
- Kerala Fiber Optic Network (KFON) scheme is envisaged to provide free internet to BPL families & 30,000 government offices.
- The previous Left government had declared internet connection as a fundamental right in 2019 & launched the Rs 1,548 crore Kerala Fiber Optic Network (KFON) project.
Qns : Which state has its own internet service?
Ans : Kerala is the 1st and only state in India to have its own internet service.
Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has resigned ahead of the trust vote in the state assembly on 30th June. The move comes after the Supreme Court refused to stay the floor test to be held on 30th June on the directions of Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari. Addressing the people of the state via Facebook Live on 29th June in evening.
Shiv Sena chief said, he will also resign from the Legislative Council after which he is a member. The Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) government in Maharashtra was facing a political crisis following a rebellion in the Shiv Sena party.
Rebel Shiv Sena leader Eknath Shinde has become the new CM of Maharashtra.
Rebel Shiv Sena leader Eknath Shinde was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Maharashtra on 30th June. Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari administered the oath of office to Mr. Shinde. He has become the 20th Chief Minister of the state.
In addition, Mr. Shinde, BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis took oath as the Deputy Chief Minister. Mr Fadnavis became the Deputy Chief Minister after BJP President JP Nadda asked him to be part of the government and take over as the DCM post.
Qns : Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has resigned, Who become the new CM of Maharashtra?
Ans : Rebel Shiv Sena leader Eknath Shinde was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Maharashtra on 30th June. He has become the 20th Chief Minister of the state.
Ministry of Law and Justice notified on 20 June 2022 that, Government has cleared the appointment of new chief justices in five high courts.
- Justice Vipin Sanghi of the Delhi High Court will be appointed as the Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand High Court
- Justice Ujjal Bhuyan of Telangana High Court has been appointed Chief Justice of Telangana High Court.
- Justice Amjad Ahtesham Sayed of the Bombay High Court will take over as the Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court
- Justice Shinde Sambhaji Shiwaji of Bombay High Court has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court.
- Justice Rashmin M Chhaya of the Gujarat High Court has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court.
Moreover, Telangana High Court Chief Justice Satish Chandra Sharma has been transferred to the Delhi High Court.
Cabinet approves Development of New Greenfield Airport Dholera
- Cabinet approves development of new Greenfield Airport at Dholera, Gujarat on 15th June.
- The estimated cost of the proposal for the development is Rs.1305 crore, to be completed within 48 months.
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for the development of Phase-I on 15th June 2022 of the new Greenfield Airport at Dholera, Gujarat. The estimated cost of Rs.1305 crore & to be completed within 48 months.
The project is being implemented by Dholera International Airport Company Limited (DIACL), a joint venture company comprising Airports Authority of India (AAI), Government of Gujarat (GOG) and National Industrial Corridor Development and Implementation Trust (NICDIT) whose The share capital is in the ratio 51:33:16.
The Dholera airport will receive passenger and cargo traffic from the Dholera Special Investment Region (DSIR) and is expected to become a major hub for cargo to serve the industrial sector. This airport will also cater to the needs of the nearby area and will serve as the 2nd airport for Ahmedabad.
Qns : What is the estimated cost of the new greenfield airport at Dholera, Gujarat and in what time it is to be completed?
Ans : Cabinet approved the proposal for the development of Phase-I on 15th June 2022 of the new Greenfield Airport at Dholera, Gujarat at an estimated cost of Rs.1305 crore, to be completed within 48 months.
New Tripura CM Dr. Manik Saha take oath on 15th May 2022.
Dr. Manik Saha took oath as 12th Chief Minister of the state on 15th May 2022. Governor Satyadev Narayan Arya administered the oath of office to the newly selected Cheif Minsiter (CM) which was held at Raj Bhawan in Agartala.
Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb has resigned from his post after meeting Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President JP Nadda & Union Home Minister Amit Shah during a two-day visit to New Delhi. Mr. Deb made the announcement after submitting his resignation to Governor S.N. Arya at the Raj Bhavan in Agartala. The Assembly elections are to be held in the state in 2023.
Ministry of Civil Aviation and Govt. of Himachal Pradesh on 25 April 2022 signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for development of a Green Field Airport in Nagchala, Mandi District of Himachal Pradesh.
The new airport at Nagchala in Mandi is being developed under the Greenfield Airport Policy of the Ministry of Civil Aviation and joint venture company has been formed between the State Government of Himachal Pradesh and the Airports Authority of India. The estimated land requirement for this airport is about 515 acres. Also, the project is estimated to cost around Rs 900 crore excluding the cost of land.
According to the notification issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, senior IAS officer Naresh Kumar has been appointed as Chief Secretary of Delhi.
Senior IAS officer Naresh Kumar has been appointed as the Chief Secretary of Delhi. Mr. Naresh Kumar, a 1987 batch IAS officer of AGMUT cadre, has been transferred from Arunachal Pradesh to Delhi. Before being transferred, he was Chief Secretary of Arunachal Pradesh.
After the voluntary retirement of Vijay Dev, IAS (AGMUT: 1987), Naresh Kumar IAS (AGMUT: 1987) as the Chief Secretary of GNCTD with effect from 21st April, 2022 or from the day of joining, whichever is later.