The India-Middle East-Europe Economic Corridor (IMEC) was launched on September 9, 2023, at the G20 Summit in New Delhi.
- It is a collaborative initiative involving India, the European Union, and six other countries.
- The primary goal of IMEC is to improve connectivity and economic integration among Asia, the Arabian Gulf, and Europe.
- This will be achieved through the establishment of a railway network that connects various ports in the region.
- The project involves multiple countries, including the United States, India, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, France, Germany, Italy, and the European Union.
- IMEC is expected to have a positive impact by boosting economic development, facilitating trade and investment, and encouraging regional cooperation among the participating nations.
Q.: How does India-Middle East-Europe Economic Corridor (IMEC) plan to achieve its connectivity goals?
A) By launching a space exploration program
B) By building an extensive highway network
C) By establishing a railway network linked through ports
D) By developing underwater tunnels
Answer: C) By establishing a railway network linked through ports