The government has approved the establishment of an autonomous body called “Mera Yuva Bharat” (MY Bharat) with the aim of youth development and youth-led development.
- MY Bharat is designed to provide equitable access to youth to help them achieve their aspirations and contribute to the development of the nation.
- There are approximately 40 crore (400 million) youths in India who fall within the age group of 15-29 years.
- MY Bharat is envisioned as a technology-powered, overarching enabling mechanism for youth development.
- The goal of MY Bharat is to channel the energy of the youth for nation-building by facilitating their role as “Yuva Setu” (Youth Bridge) between the government and citizens.
- The formal dedication of Mera Yuva Bharat to the nation will take place on October 31, which coincides with the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, often referred to as the “Iron Man” of India.
MCQs on Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat)
Q.: What is the primary purpose of the autonomous body “Mera Yuva Bharat” (MY Bharat)?
a. Promoting sports and athletics among youth
b. Fostering cultural development in rural areas
c. Development of youth and youth-led development
d. Advancing environmental conservation initiatives
Ans : c. Development of youth and youth-led development
Q.: How many young individuals in India fall within the age group of 15-29 years, according to the provided information?
a. Approximately 20 crore
b. Around 30 crore
c. Approximately 40 crore
d. Nearly 50 crore
Ans : c. Approximately 40 crore
Q.: When is Mera Yuva Bharat scheduled to be dedicated to the nation?
a. On India’s Independence Day, August 15th
b. On New Year’s Day, January 1st
c. On the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, October 31st
d. On Youth Day, January 12th
Ans : c. On the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, October 31st