Union Minister Piyush Goyal launched ‘Bharat Rice’ brand in New Delhi to provide subsidized rice directly to consumers.
- The rice will be available in 5 kg and 10 kg packs at a subsidized rate of 29 rupees per kg.
- The government is committed to providing ration at affordable prices, with 81 crore people benefiting from free food grains under PMGKAY, extended for the next five years.
- Vehicles carrying rice were flagged during the event, signifying distribution to consumers through various agencies.
- FCI will provide 5 Lakh Metric Tonnes of rice to cooperatives (NAFED and NCCF) and Kendriya Bhandar in the first phase.
- These agencies will pack rice in 5 kg and 10 kg packets under the “Bharat Rice” brand, sold through outlets and e-commerce platforms.
Q: What is the name of the brand launched by government to provide subsidized rice directly to consumers in February 2024?
a) Bharat Grains
b) Bharat Rice
c) Bharat Essentials
d) Bharat Food
Ans : b) Bharat Rice