- India secured a resounding victory over England in the Rajkot test, bundling out their innings for a mere 122 runs.
- The match concluded on the fourth day, with India clinching the win by a record margin of 434 runs.
- The relentless Indian bowling attack consistently took wickets, wrapping up England’s innings in just 39.4 overs.
- This victory marks India’s largest-ever winning margin in a test match.
- Notable performances included a five-wicket haul by Ravindra Jadeja, a stellar 91-run innings by Shubman Gill, and a crucial 68-run partnership by Sarfaraz.
- Despite a valiant effort, England’s highest scorer in the second innings was Mark Wood with 33 runs.
- Ravindra Jadeja was honored as the Player of the Match for his outstanding contribution.
- Earlier in the day, India declared their innings at 430 for 4, establishing an imposing overall lead of 556 runs.
Who was awarded the Player of the Match in the Rajkot test?
a) Shubman Gill
c) Ravindra Jadeja
d) Mark Wood
Correct Answer: c) Ravindra Jadeja