- Cyclone “Michaung” Crossing and Movement:
- On December 5, 2023, Severe Cyclonic Storm ‘Michaung’ crossed the South Andhra Pradesh coast close to Bapatla at 1330 hours.
- Moved northwards with a speed of 10 kmph during the past 06 hours.
- Weakening and Wind Speed Forecast:
- The storm is expected to weaken into a cyclonic storm.
- Forecasted maximum sustained wind speed of 80-90 kmph, gusting to 100 kmph.
- Impact on Odisha:
- Anticipated heavy rains in most parts of southern Odisha and the coastal region of the state.
- Impact on Tamil Nadu and Puducherry:
- North coastal Tamil Nadu and Puducherry expected to experience light to moderate rainfall in most places.
- Isolated heavy rainfall forecasted on Tuesday morning, decreasing thereafter.
Q: Severe Cyclonic Storm Michaung crossed which state’s coast in December 2023?
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Andhra Pradesh
Ans : c) Andhra Pradesh