- On 28 May, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially inaugurated the new Parliament House.
- The New Parliament House in the Central Vista area of New Delhi is designed to accommodate the growing size and needs of the Indian Parliament.
- The building has seating arrangements for 888 members of the Lok Sabha and 384 members of the Rajya Sabha.
- It features 6 committee rooms equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual systems.
- The building covers an area of approximately 65,000 square meters and has a triangular shape to optimize space utilization.
- It is a four-storied building constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 970 crore.
- The design of the building was done by Ahmedabad-based HCP Design, Planning and Management. The construction was carried out by Tata Projects Limited.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also installed “Sengol” in a dedicated enclosure to the right of the Speaker’s chair in the Lok Sabha chamber.
Qns : Which company carried out the construction of the new Parliament House?
(A) Reliance Infrastructure Ltd.
(B) Sadbhav Engineering Ltd.
(C) Tata Projects Ltd.
(D) Dilip Buildcon Ltd.
Ans : (C) Tata Projects Ltd.