- On 9th June 2023, The Very Severe Cyclonic Storm Biparjoy over east-central Arabian Sea has moved nearly northwards with a speed of two kilometers per hour during the last six hours.
- Cyclone Biparjoy lay centered over the same region about 840 km west-southwest of Goa, 870 km west-southwest of Mumbai and 870 km south-southwest of Porbandar.
- It will gradually intensify during next 36 hours and move nearly north-northwest during next two days.
- The India Meteorological Department has asked fishermen to totally suspend fishing operations over the east-central and adjoining west-central and south Arabian Sea till the 12th June and in the north and adjoining the central Arabian Sea from the 12th to 14th of June.
- They have also been advised not to venture into the Central Arabian Sea till the 13th June and adjoining areas of the North Arabian Sea from the 12th to 14th of June.
QNS : What is the name of the Very Severe Cyclonic Storm that is active in the Arabian Sea in June 2023?
(A) Cyclone Biparjoy
(B) Cyclone Fani
(C) Cyclone Amphan
(D) Cyclone Nisarga
Ans : (A) Cyclone Biparjoy