- The first edition of the India, France and UAE maritime partnership exercise began on 7th June in the Gulf of Oman.
- INS Tarkash and French ship Surcouf, both with integral helicopters, French Rafale aircraft and UAE Navy maritime patrol aircraft are participating in the exercise.
- The exercise will see a wide spectrum of naval operations such as surface warfare, exercises for tactical firing and missile engagement on surface targets, helicopter cross deck landing operations, advanced air defense exercises and boarding operations.
- The objective of the first exercise is to enhance trilateral cooperation between the three navies and pave the way for adoption of measures to address conventional and non-conventional threats in the maritime environment.
- The exercise will also enhance cooperation in ensuring the security of merchant trade and freedom of navigation on the high seas in the region.
Qns : On 7th June 2023, Which Indian naval ship is participating in the India, France and UAE Maritime Partnership Exercise in the Gulf of Oman?
(A) INS Makar
(B) INS Tarkash
(C) INS Chennai
(D) INS Vikrant
Ans : (B) INS Tarkash