The Halwa ceremony, marking the final stage of the Budget preparation process for the Interim Union Budget 2024, took place at North Block on 24th January 2024.
- The Finance Ministry performs the customary Halwa ceremony every year before the lock-in process of Budget preparation begins.
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of State for Finance Dr. Bhagwat Kisanrao Karad, and other senior officials were present during the ceremony.
- As part of the ceremony, Ms. Sitharaman took a round of the Budget Press, reviewed preparations, and extended her best wishes to the officials involved.
- Similar to the previous three full Union Budgets, the Interim Union Budget 2024 will be delivered in a paperless form.
- The Budget documents will be accessible on the Union Budget Mobile App after the completion of the Budget Speech by the Union Finance Minister in Parliament on the 1st of February.
Q: Halwa ceremony is associated with which of the following events?
a. Independence Day celebrations
b. Budget preparation process
c. National Women’s Day
d. Republic Day Celebration
Ans : b. Budget preparation process