- India emerged as the winner of the South Asian Football Federation’s (SAFF) U-19 Women’s Championship in Dhaka on 8 February 2024.
- The final match against defending champion Bangladesh concluded with a 1-1 draw at full time.
- The winner was determined through a toss after a lengthy penalty shootout, where all eleven players from each team successfully converted their penalties.
- Sibani Devi scored in the eighth minute, giving India an initial lead, but Bangladesh’s Sagorika equalized in the closing minutes of the game.
- During the group stage, India secured victories against Bhutan and Nepal but faced a loss against Bangladesh, finishing as the second-place team in the group.
- Bangladesh entered the final as the top finisher, having won all their league matches in the tournament.
Q: Who won the SAFF U-19 Women’s Championship in 2024?
Ans : d. India