The 13th Indo-Pacific Armies Chiefs Conference (IPACC) is scheduled to take place from the 26th to 27th September 2023 at the Manekshaw Centre in New Delhi. The conference will bring together army chiefs from 30 countries in the Indo-Pacific region. Its primary focus is on discussions related to security cooperation and collective strategies in the Indo-Pacific region.
- This event is the 13th biennial IPACC and is being hosted by both the Indian Army and the US Army Pacific.
- General James C McConville, the Chief-of-Staff of the US Army, will co-host the conference alongside General Manoj Pande, the Chief of the Indian Army Staff.
- Two other conferences, the Indo-Pacific Armies Management Seminar (IPAMS) and the Senior Enlisted Leaders Forum (SELF), will also be held separately at the Manekshaw Centre to promote multilateral security partnerships in the region.
- During a Curtain Raiser Press conference, Lieutenant General M. V. Suchindra Kumar, the Vice Chief of Army Staff, highlighted India’s historical contributions to promoting peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Key topics to be discussed during the conference include the role of military diplomacy in crisis mitigation, enhancing collaboration and interoperability, and the importance of self-reliance for modern armies.
- The Indo-Pacific region is noted for its significance, as it encompasses 64 percent of the world’s population, contributes 63 percent of the global GDP, and accounts for 46 percent of world merchandise trade.
Q.: Who will co-host the IPACC alongside Chief of Indian Army Staff General Manoj Pande?
a) The Chief of Air Staff
b) The Chief of Naval Staff
c) Chief-of-Staff of the US Army General James C McConville
d) The Chief of the Indian Coast Guard
Ans : c) Chief-of-Staff of the US Army General James C McConville