The 19th edition of YUDH ABHYAS is scheduled to take place in Alaska, USA from 25 September 2023.
- This exercise is conducted annually and is a joint effort between the Indian Army and the US Army.
- The Indian Army contingent for this edition consists of 350 personnel.
- The lead battalion representing India in this exercise is affiliated with the MARATHA Light Infantry Regiment.
- The primary focus of the exercise is to conduct tactical drills that enhance interoperability for UN peacekeeping operations.
- The exercise will also involve the exchange of views and best practices related to various combat skills, including combat engineering, obstruction clearance, and warfare involving mines and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
Q.: Which infantry regiment is the lead battalion from the Indian side in the 19th edition of YUDH ABHYAS in Alaska, USA?
a) Rajputana Rifles
b) MARATHA Light Infantry Regiment
c) Punjab Regiment
d) Gurkha Rifles
Answer:b) MARATHA Light Infantry Regiment