The 42nd India International Trade Fair (IITF) commenced on November 14 at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi and will run until November 27, 2023.
- Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Anupriya Patel, inaugurated the fair, noting the significant participation of over 3500 exhibitors, showcasing global confidence in India.
- The fair’s theme, “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam,” underscores the importance of interconnectedness and cooperation in trade for sustainable growth and well-being.
- The first five days are reserved for the business category, with the fair open to the general public from November 19th.
- Partner States are Bihar and Kerala, and Focus States include Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, and Uttar Pradesh.
- Representatives from 13 countries are participating in the fair, showcasing its international character.
- Fair timings are from 10 A.M. to 7.30 PM, and tickets can be purchased online or at select metro stations. Entry is free for Divyang (disabled individuals) and senior citizens.
Q.: What is the theme of the 42nd India International Trade Fair?
- a) Sustainable Growth and Well-being
- b) Global Confidence in India
- c) Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam
- d) Trade and Investment for Economic Development
Ans : c) Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam