The Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana was launched on 8 April 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to facilitate easy collateral-free micro-credit of up to ten lakh rupees to non-corporate, non-farm small and micro-entrepreneurs for income-generating activities.
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana has sanctioned more than 40 crore 82 lakh loans amounting to over 23 lakh crore rupees.
- 21% of the total loans have been sanctioned to new entrepreneurs.
- About 68% of accounts under the scheme belong to women entrepreneurs and 51% of accounts belong to entrepreneurs of SC, ST, and OBC categories.
- The Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that the scheme has enabled easy and hassle-free access to credit for micro-enterprises and has helped a large number of young entrepreneurs establish their businesses.
- The Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana has helped in the generation of large-scale employment opportunities at the grassroots level and has proved to be a game changer while boosting the Indian economy.
- Today marks the 8th Anniversary of the Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana.
Questions : What is Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana?
A. A scheme to facilitate easy collateral-free micro-credit to non-corporate, non-farm small and micro-entrepreneurs
B. A scheme to provide free healthcare to people living in rural areas
C. A scheme to provide free education to children of farmers
D. A scheme to provide free housing to urban poor