- Air Marshal Ashutosh Dixit took over as the Deputy Chief of the Air Staff on 15 May 2023.
- The Air Marshal is a Qualified Flying Instructor as well as an Experimental Test Pilot with over 3300 hours of flying experience on Fighter, Trainer and Transport aircraft. He participated in Operation Safed Sagar and Rakshak.
- He has previously served as Principal Director Air Staff Requirements, Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Projects) and Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Plans) at Air Headquarters.
- The Air officer has also been the Air Defense Commander of the Southern Air Command and was the senior Air Force Officer of the South Western Air Command before taking over as the Vice Chief of the Air Staff.
- Air Marshal Dixit commanded the Mirage 2000 Squadron, which is a frontline fighter base in the Western Sector, as well as a major fighter training base.
Qns : What is the name of the Air Marshal who took over as the Deputy Chief of the Air Staff on 15th May?
(A) Rajesh Vaidya
(B) Ashutosh Dixit
(C) Jeetendra Mishra
(D) Rakesh Sinha
Answer : (B) Ashutosh Dixit