- Air Marshal Narmadeshwar Tiwari took over as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C) of the South Western Air Command (SWAC) at Gandhinagar on 1 May 2023.
- He succeeds Air Marshal Vikram Singh, who retires on 30 April 2023.
- Prior to taking over as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C) of the South Western Air Command (SWAC), the Air Marshal was the Vice Chief of the Air Staff at Air Headquarters (VB).
- For his distinguished service, he was awarded the ‘Vayu Sena Medal’ in 2008 and the ‘Ati Vishisht Seva Medal’ in 2022.
- Air Marshal Narmadeshwar Tiwari was commissioned into the Fighter Stream on 07 Jun 1986. He is an alumnus of the National Defense Academy and passed out as the President’s Gold Medalist.
- He has flown more than 3600 hours on various types of aircraft. He is a Qualified Flying Instructor as well as an Experimental Test Pilot. The Air Marshal has rich field experience including operational testing of various weapons and systems primarily on the Mirage-2000.
Qns : Who succeeded Air Marshal Vikram Singh as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C) of the South Western Air Command (SWAC)?
(A) Air Marshal Narmadeshwar Tiwari
(B) Air Marshal Vikram Tiwari
(C) Air Marshal Vikram Singh
(D) Air Marshal Narmadeshwar Singh
Answer : (A) Air Marshal Narmadeshwar Tiwari