The two days Annual United Nations Forum 2023 will take place in New Delhi starting on November 21, 2023. The forum will focus on International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and Peacekeeping.
- Organized by the United Service Institution of India in collaboration with the International Committee of the Red Cross and the Centre for UN Peacekeeping Operations.
- The United Service Institution of India, established in 1870, is the country’s oldest think-tank specializing in research on national security and military affairs.
- The forum aims to discuss the applicability and limitations of implementing International Humanitarian Law frameworks in UN peace operations.
- The approach will be interactive and multi-stakeholder.
- The Ministry of Defence stated that the forum will address contemporary issues such as the protection of civilians, accountability for crimes against peacekeepers, and the role of women in peacekeeping operations.
- Dialogues during the forum are intended to contribute to the development of training modules and policy frameworks to enhance the effectiveness of peacekeeping operations.
Q.: What is the primary focus of the Annual United Nations Forum 2023 in New Delhi?
- A. Environmental Sustainability
- B. International Humanitarian Law and Peacekeeping
- C. Economic Development
- D. Human Rights Advocacy
Ans : B. International Humanitarian Law and Peacekeeping