The Army Postal Service Corps has inaugurated the first Permanent Aadhaar Enrolment Centre (PAEC) at the Central Base Post Office on 26 July 2023 in New Delhi.
- The PAEC will provide Aadhaar-related services to tri-services personnel and their dependents.
- The initiative aims to extend these services through Field Post Offices located in 48 identified locations across India.
- The Ministry of Communications issued a statement regarding the establishment of these PAECs, emphasizing their role in facilitating Aadhaar services for military personnel.
- Both the Department of Posts and the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) have supported the establishment of the PAECs by providing training, equipment, and technical support.
- The 48 PAECs will be operational in both Field and Peace locations, ensuring wider access to Aadhaar services for military personnel and their dependents.
Q.: What is the purpose of the first Permanent Aadhaar Enrolment Centre (PAEC) inaugurated by the Army Postal Service Corps in New Delhi?
A) To provide postal services to civilians in New Delhi.
B) To facilitate Aadhaar-related services for tri-services personnel and their dependents across India.
C) To offer training and technical support to Field Post Offices in New Delhi.
D) To establish peace locations in 48 identified areas across the country.
Answer: B) To facilitate Aadhaar-related services for tri-services personnel and their dependents across India.