India has secured its third gold medal at the Asian Games 2023 on 26 September 2023 in Hangzhou, China, bringing the total medal tally to 14 medals: 3 gold, 4 silver, and 7 bronze.
- The gold was achieved in the Equestrian Dressage Team event, with the quartet of Hriday Chheda, Anush Agarwalla, Sudipti Hajela, and Divyakriit Singh scoring 209.205 points.
- Neha Thakur won a silver medal in the women’s dinghy event, marking India’s first sailing medal in this edition of the Asian Games.
- Eabad Ali secured a bronze medal in the RS:X Men’s sailing event.
- The Indian men’s squash team won 3-0 against Qatar and earlier against Singapore.
- Yuki Bhambri and Ankita Raina advanced in mixed doubles tennis, defeating Pakistan’s pair.
- Sumit Nagal advanced to the quarterfinals in men’s singles tennis.
- Indian wushu athletes faced both victories and defeats, with Suraj Yadav and Surya Bhanu Partap Singh experiencing losses.
- Narender Berwal won his first-round boxing match and will face an opponent from Iran in the quarterfinals.
- The Indian men’s hockey team secured a second consecutive victory, defeating Singapore 16-1.
- Indian squash players Anahat Singh, Joshana Chiappa, and Tanvi Khanna won their opening pool matches.
- India’s men’s volleyball team suffered a defeat against Pakistan.
- Swimmers Aryan Nehra and Kushagra Rawat finished seventh and eighth, respectively, in the men’s 1500m freestyle fast heat.
- The Indian men’s cycling team broke the national record but lost to the Republic of Korea in the team sprint heats.
- In Judo, Tulika Maan bowed out in the quarterfinal match.
- Seven e-sports events have been included in the Asian Games 2023, and Indian players Ayan Biswas and Mayank Prajapati faced losses in the preliminary rounds of Street Fighter V: Champion Edition.
Q.: Which quartet secured the gold medal in the Equestrian Dressage Team event at the Asian Games 2023?
a) Hriday Chheda, Anush Agarwalla, Sudipti Hajela, and Divyakriit Singh
b) Neha Thakur, Eabad Ali, Saurav Ghosal, and Abhay Singh
c) Yuki Bhambri, Ankita Raina, Mahesh Mangaonkar, and Surya Bhanu Partap Singh
d) Suraj Yadav, Narender Berwal, Tulika Maan, and Ayan Biswas
Answer: a) Hriday Chheda, Anush Agarwalla, Sudipti Hajela, and Divyakriit Singh