On 29 September 2023, Day 6 of the 2023 Asian Games, India added a total of 8 gold, 12 silver, and 13 bronze medals to their tally, bringing their total medal count to 33. India is currently in fourth place in the overall standings.
- Kiran Baliyan won a bronze medal in women’s shot put.
- The Indian men’s squash team reached the team finals and will compete against Pakistan for the gold medal.
- Nikhat Zareen secured her place in the Women’s 50 kg Boxing semi-finals, guaranteeing herself a medal.
- In tennis, the mixed doubles pair of Rutuja Bhosale and Rohan Bopanna advanced to the finals, assuring themselves of at least a silver medal.
- The Indian women’s squash team won a bronze medal.
- Shooter Palak Gulia won the gold medal in the women’s 10m air pistol event, while Esha Singh won silver.
- In the men’s rifle 3-P team event, the trio of Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar, Swapnil Kusale, and Akhil Sheoran secured the gold medal.
- Esha Singh, Palak, and Divya grabbed a silver medal in the women’s 10m air pistol team event.
Q.: Which event did Shooter Palak Gulia win a gold medal in at the Asian Games?
a) Women’s shot put
b) Men’s squash
c) Women’s 10m air pistol
d) Men’s rifle 3-P team
Answer: c) Women’s 10m air pistol