INS Visakhapatnam and INS Trikand, two Indian Navy ships, participated in a bilateral naval exercise held from August 8 to 11, 2023, at Port Rashid in Dubai.
- The exercise aimed to share best practices and enhance cooperation between the Indian and UAE Navies.
- Rear Admiral Vineet McCarty commanded the ships, facilitating professional interactions with the UAE Naval Force and focusing on maritime operations.
- The bilateral exercise, named ‘Zayed Talwar,’ aimed to improve interoperability and synergy between the naval forces of both countries, contributing to regional security.
- Captains Ashok Rao and Pramod G Thomas led INS Visakhapatnam and INS Trikand, respectively, showcasing advanced maritime capabilities during the exercise.
- This joint naval exercise signifies the strengthening diplomatic collaboration between the Indian and UAE navies.
Q.: What is the name of the bilateral exercise conducted with the UAE Navy?
a) ‘Maritime Synergy’
b) ‘Naval Friendship’
c) ‘Zayed Talwar’
d) ‘Oceanic Unity’
Ans : c) ‘Zayed Talwar’