- A new border-haat between India and Bangladesh was inaugurated on 6 May at Bholaganj under Companyganj Upazila of Sylhet.
- Bangladesh’s Minister for Migrant Welfare and Overseas Employment Imran Ahmed and India’s Assistant High Commissioner Neeraj Kumar Jaiswal jointly inaugurated the border-haat.
- This is the fourth border haat in Sylhet division, out of which three are currently functional. There are plans to open three more border haats in Sylhet division.
- The first border haats were inaugurated in 2011 at Kalaichar in West Garo Hills district of Meghalaya and Kurigram in Bangladesh.
- Border Haat may be small in terms of the volume of trade but they contribute immensely in bonding of people on both sides of border, knowledge sharing and deepening people-to-people connectivity which is an essential building block in cementing ties between the two neighbouring countries.
Qns : Between which countries the border haat was inaugurated in Sylhet’s Bholaganj?
(A) India & Bangladesh
(B) England & India
(C) Bangladesh & Japan
(D) None of these
Ans : (A) India & Bangladesh