The Government has approved expansion of PM Ujjwala Yojana, a scheme to provide support for LPG connections to women on 13th September 2023 during a cabinet meeting.
- The scheme aims to release a total of 75 lakh LPG connections over a period of three years, from the Financial Year 2023-24 to 2025-26.
- The scheme’s total financial implication is one thousand 650 crore rupees.
- Under the scheme, 75 lakh free LPG connections will be provided to women from poor and needy families to enable them to benefit from the Ujjwala scheme.
- As per the existing modalities of Ujjawala 2.0, the first refill and stove will also be provided free of cost to Ujjwala beneficiaries.
- To date, 9.60 crore LPG cylinders have been distributed under the Ujjwala scheme, indicating its widespread impact and reach.
Q.: What is the purpose of the PM Ujjwala Yojana?
a) Supporting LPG suppliers
b) Providing free LPG connections to women
c) Reducing LPG prices
d) Enhancing LPG cylinder safety
Ans : b) Providing free LPG connections to women