The JMM-Congress-RJD alliance government, led by Champai Soren, secured a victory in the trust vote on February 5, 2024, in the Jharkhand State Assembly.
- The Floor Test resulted in a majority of 47 votes in favor of the motion out of the total 81 members in the Assembly.
- Opposition to the motion included 29 legislators, while one JMM and one BJP legislator, Ramdas Soren & Indrajit Mahatha, were absent due to prolonged illness.
- Independent MLA Saryu Roy abstained from voting, and Amit Kumar Mandal remained absent.
- The Gandey constituency seat has been vacant since December 2023.
- Former Chief Minister and JMM Executive President Hemant Soren were granted permission by the PMLA court to participate in the vote.
Q: Who leads the alliance government that won the trust vote in the Jharkhand State Assembly?
- A. Hemant Soren
- B. Champai Soren (Correct)
- C. Ramdas Soren
- D. Indrajit Mahatha