Chandrayaan 3 spacecraft has been integrated with GSLV Mark III launch vehicle at Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota Spaceport on 5 July 2023. The launch is scheduled between the 12th and 19th of this month.
- The Propulsion module will carry the lander and rover configuration to a 100km lunar orbit.
- The Propulsion module will orbit the Moon, similar to Chandrayaan I and II.
- ISRO is making improvements in the lander based on lessons learned from the Chandrayaan 2 mission in 2019.
- The payloads on the Lander will measure thermal conductivity, temperature, seismicity, and estimate plasma density around the landing site.
- The Rover payload will determine the elemental composition near the landing site.
Q.: What is the name of the launch vehicle for Chandrayaan 3?
A) GSLV Mark II
C) GSLV Mark III
Answer: C) GSLV Mark III