President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the Festival of Libraries 2023 at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi on July 5, 2023.The two-day Festival is organized by the Ministry of Culture and aims to highlight iconic libraries from around the world.
- The main objective is to initiate discussions on the modernization and digitization of libraries in India.
- The Festival is a part of the second phase of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav,’ aligning with the Prime Minister’s vision to promote library development and digitization, and to foster a reading culture in India.
- The event aims to facilitate the formulation of action-oriented policies for the development of Model Libraries across India, including at the village and community levels.
- It also marks the launch of a special ranking system for libraries in India, aiming to promote excellence and innovation in the library sector.
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar will attend the valedictory ceremony of the Festival.
Question: What is the main objective of the Festival of Libraries 2023 held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi from 5 to 6 July 2023?
A) To showcase iconic libraries from across the world
B) To promote cultural events at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
C) To celebrate India’s independence anniversary
D) To initiate a conversation on modernization and digitization of libraries in India
Answer: D) To initiate a conversation on modernization and digitization of libraries in India