- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the first Global Buddhist Summit in New Delhi on 18 April 2023.
- The Ministry of Culture and the International Buddhist Confederation will host the two-day summit.
- The theme of the summit is Responses to Contemporary Challenges: Philosophy to Praxis.
- The summit will be attended by eminent scholars, Sangha leaders, and Dharma practitioners from all over the world.
- Prominent Buddhist monks from various countries will visit India and take part in the summit for the first time.
- Delegates from almost 30 countries will participate in the event, including 171 delegates from foreign countries and 150 delegates from Indian Buddhist organizations.
- The summit will discuss how to deal with contemporary challenges using Buddhist philosophy and thought.
- The summit aims to enhance cultural and diplomatic relationships with other countries.
Q.: What is the theme of the first Global Buddhist Summit, New Delhi ?
a) Historical Contributions of Buddhism
b) Responses to Contemporary Challenges: Philosophy to Praxis.
c) Traditional Buddhist Practices
d) Contemporary Buddhist Practices
Ans : b) Responses to Contemporary Challenges: Philosophy to Praxis.