- The government is launching the Mission on Advanced and High Impact Research, MAHIR, to quickly identify emerging technologies in the power sector and develop them indigenously for deployment within and outside the country.
- The objective of the mission is to facilitate indigenous research, development and demonstration of latest and emerging technologies in the power sector.
- By identifying emerging technologies and taking them to the implementation stage, the mission seeks to leverage them as the main fuel for future economic growth and make India a manufacturing hub of the world.
- The mission will be funded by pooling financial resources of the Ministry of Power, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and various Central Public Sector Enterprises under two ministries.
- Planned for an initial period of five years from 2023-24 to 2027-28, the mission will follow Idea’s technology life cycle approach to the product.
Qns : What is the objective of the Mission on Advanced and High Impact Research (MAHIR)?
(A) To import advanced technologies for the power sector
(B) To develop and deploy emerging technologies in the power sector
(C) To promote international collaboration in the power sector
(D) To establish power manufacturing units worldwide
Ans : (B) To develop and deploy emerging technologies in the power sector