- The government plans to introduce satellite-based GPS toll collection systems on national highways.
- Road, Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari announced the implementation of the system before the upcoming Lok Sabha election.
- The new toll collection system will deduct toll charges directly from bank accounts, using vehicle number plate identification.
- The aim is to eliminate existing toll plazas, improving travel convenience on national highways.
- Over eight crore thirteen lakh fast tags have been issued, with a daily collection averaging between 170 to 180 crore rupees.
- The satellite-based system is expected to enhance efficiency and streamline toll collection processes.
Q: What technology is the government planning to implement for toll collection on national highways?
a) RFID technology
b) Satellite-based GPS
c) Facial recognition
d) QR code scanning
Ans : b) Satellite-based GPS
Q: How will toll charges be deducted under the new system for toll collection on national highways?
a) Cash payments at toll booths
b) Mobile wallet transactions
c) Direct deduction from bank accounts
d) Toll tickets issued manually
Ans : c) Direct deduction from bank accounts