India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on October 5, 2023, in Abu Dhabi. The MoU solidifies their commitment to collaboration in areas such as supply chain resilience, clean energy technology, healthcare, space, Industry 4.0, and industrial standards.
- The agreement was signed by the Minister of Commerce and Industry from India and the UAE Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology, in the presence of a senior UAE official.
- The primary focus is to facilitate industrial investments, technology transfer, and the implementation of innovations across various industries.
- The collaboration aims to bring mutual benefits and joint industrial and technological advancements.
- Key areas of focus under the MoU include supply chain resilience, renewable energy, healthcare, space, AI, Industry 4.0, advanced technologies, and standardization.
- The agreement promotes research and development, commercial development, and mutual recognition of conformity assessment results.
- The strategic MoU aims to foster sustainable growth, competitiveness, and efficiency in various industries while promoting innovation and technological excellence in both countries.
Q.: What are the key areas of focus mentioned in the MoU for collaboration between India and the UAE on October 5, 2023, in Abu Dhabi?
a) Agriculture and transportation
b) Energy and tourism
c) Supply chain resilience, healthcare, space, and more
d) Education and sports
Ans : c) Supply chain resilience, healthcare, space, and more