India secured the 2nd position on the medals tally at the ISSF Junior Shooting World Championships 2023 held in Changwon, South Korea from 14 to 25 July 2023.
- Indian shooters won a total of 17 medals in the under-21 age category, comprising 6 Gold, 6 Silver, and 5 Bronze.
- The championships featured competitions in pistol, rifle, and shotgun events.
- Many of the medalists were athletes from the Khelo India program, highlighting the program’s positive impact on nurturing young shooting talents.
- Out of the 90 Indian shooters who participated, seven managed to win multiple medals.
- Abhinav Shaw and Kamaljeet were the top-performing Indian shooters, each securing two gold medals.
- Sainyam achieved great success by winning three medals, including a gold in the 10m air pistol women’s event, and a bronze in both the 10m air pistol mixed team and women’s team events.
Q.: At the ISSF Junior Shooting World Championships 2023, which country finished in 2nd place on the medals tally?
A) South Korea
C) United States
Answer: B) India