- The fourth edition of bilateral naval exercise Samudra Shakti between India and Indonesia is scheduled to be held from 14 to 19 May 2023.
- INS Kavaratti has reached Batam, Indonesia to participate in this exercise session. Kavaratti is an indigenously designed and built ASW Corvette. A Dornier maritime patrol aircraft and Chetak helicopters of the Indian Navy are also participating in Exercise Samudra Shakti-2023.
- The Indonesian Navy is being represented by KRI Sultan Iskandar Muda, CN 235 Maritime Patrol Aircraft and AS565 Panther helicopters.
- The harbor phase of the exercise includes visits by each other’s warships, professional interactions, exchange of subject matter experts and sporting activities.
- During the sea phase, activities such as weapon firing, helicopter operations, anti-submarine warfare exercises and air defense exercises and ship operations are planned to be conducted.
Qns : Which Indian warship is participating in Exercise Samudra Shakti-2023?
(A) INS Vikrant
(B) INS Kavaratti
(C) INS Arighat
(D) INS Vikramaditya
Answer : (B) INS Kavaratti