An Indian Air Force (IAF) reached to Egypt to participate in the multilateral exercise Bright Star-23. The exercise involves the Egypt, US, Saudi Arabia, Greece, Qatar, and India is being held at the Cairo west air base from 27 August to 16 September 2023.
- This marks the IAF’s first participation in the tri-service exercise.
- The IAF contingent includes MiG-29s, IL-78s, C-130Js, and C-17 aircraft, along with Garud Special Forces.
- The Indian Army personnel are being airlifted by IAF transport aircraft for the exercise.
- The main goal of the exercise is to practice joint operation planning and execution.
- The exercise aims to strengthen relations between the participating nations.
Q.: Which nation is the host of the multilateral exercise Bright Star-23 from 27 August to 16 September 2023 ?
a) Saudi Arabia b) Greece c) Qatar d) Egypt e) India
Answer: d) Egypt