- India has surpassed China to become the world’s most populous nation with 1.4286 billion people, according to the United Nations data.
- China’s population decreased for the first time since 1960 due to its ageing population and declining birth rates.
- The global population is expected to reach 8.045 billion by mid-2023.
- Africa is also seeing a rising population, with estimates of a spike from 1.4 to 3.9 billion inhabitants by 2100.
- Japan is experiencing a decline in population due to its ageing population.
- Population growth is influenced by factors such as fertility rates, increasing longevity, and international migration.
Question: According to the United Nations data, which country has become the most populous nation in the world?
Answer: b. India