- The Indian hockey team successfully defended their title with a close 2-1 win over arch-rivals Pakistan in the final of the Men’s Junior Asia Cup 2023 in Salalah, Oman on 1st June.
- Angad Bir Singh and Arjit Hundal Singh scored for India, while Pakistan managed to score a goal through Basharat Ali.
- This was India’s fourth title in the men’s Junior Asia Cup, having previously won it in 2004, 2008 and 2015. Pakistan are the second most successful team in the tournament with three titles, but their last win came 27 years ago in 1996.
- In the semi-finals, India defeated Republic of Korea 9–1 while Pakistan defeated Malaysia 6–2.
- The men’s Junior Asia Cup hockey tournament was held in Oman after eight years. The 2021 edition was canceled due to COVID-19.
Qns : Which country won the Men’s Junior Asia Cup 2023 in hockey?
(C) Republic of Korea
Ans : (B) India