- The Indian Government has announced a special scheme called Support for Prisoners to provide financial support to poor prisoners who cannot afford the penalty or bail amount.
- The majority of prisoners who will benefit from this scheme belong to socially disadvantaged or marginalized groups with lower education and income levels.
- The Centre will provide financial support to the states to extend relief to poor prisoners who cannot get released from prison due to non-payment of fine.
- The Home Ministry has been taking various steps to address the issue of undertrials in prisons and sharing important guidelines with State Governments.
- The Centre has been providing financial support to State Governments for enhancing and modernizing the security infrastructure in prisons.
Question: Who will benefit the most from the Support for Prisoners scheme?
A) Wealthy prisoners
B) Socially advantaged groups
C) Marginalized and disadvantaged prisoners with lower education and income levels
D) Prisoners with high penalties or bail amounts
Answer: C) Marginalized and disadvantaged prisoners with lower education and income levels