India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) exchanged a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 15 July 2023. The MoU aims to establish an campus of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi in Abu Dhabi.
- This will be the first-ever IIT to be set up in the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) region.
- The MoU was exchanged between the Education Ministry of India, Abu Dhabi’s Department of Education and Knowledge, and IIT Delhi.
- Foreign Secretary Vinay Kwatra highlighted the significance of this development during the visit, referring to it as an important landmark.
- The Abu Dhabi campus is expected to launch its academic programmes next year with undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses.
- It will also operate research centers related to sustainable energy and climate studies as well as computing and data sciences
Q. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi is planning to establish a campus in which city of the Middle East?
B) Abu Dhabi
Ans : B) Abu Dhabi