- The Indian junior hockey team began their title defense by thrashing Chinese Taipei 18-0 at the Men’s Asia Cup 2023 in Salalah, Oman on 24 May.
- In his first Pool A match, Arjit Singh Hundal scored four goals in the match for India, while Amandeep scored a hat-trick.
- Captain Uttam Singh, Bobby Singh Dhami and Chandura Bobby Poovanna scored one goal each while Aditya Arjun Lalge, Sharda Nand Tiwari, Angad Bir Singh, Ameer Ali and Rawat Yogember also scored one goal each.
- With three points and a goal difference of 18, India now top Pool A. India will play Japan on 25 May, followed by matches against Pakistan on 27 May and Thailand on 28 May. The top two teams from each pool will advance to the semi-finals.
- The tournament serves as a qualifier for the FIH Junior Men’s World Cup 2023, which will be held in Malaysia in December.
Qns : Which team did the Indian junior hockey team defeat in their first match at the Men’s Asia Cup 2023?
(B) Chinese Taipei
(D) South Korea
Answer : (B) Chinese Taipei