- The Indian campaign has come to an end at the ongoing Asian Weightlifting Championships in Jinju, South Korea.
- Ajit Narayan and Achinta Shiuli, competing in the men’s 73kg category, failed to get medals. Indian players have won three medals which are all silver medals.
- Bindayarani Devi and Jeremy Lalrinnunga were the only ones to show their full potential in the championship. Bindayarani started India’s run on 6 May with a silver medal in the women’s 55 kg category.
- She also won the silver medal in the clean and jerk event by lifting 111 kg. Weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga won a silver medal in the men’s 67 kg snatch category.
- The Asian Weightlifting Championship will continue till 13 May. But India is not represented in any of the rest of the categories.
Qns : Where did the Asian Weightlifting Championships 2023 take place?
(A) New Delhi, India
(B) Beijing, China
(C) Jinju, South Korea
(D) Tokyo, Japan
Answer : (C) Jinju, South Korea