- Indian Railways recorded a monthly freight loading of 126.46 MT in April 2023.
- The incremental loading in April was 4.25 MT, which is a growth of 3.5% compared to April 2022.
- Freight revenue in April was 13,893 crore rupees, a growth of 7% compared to April 2022.
- Railways has achieved a loading of 62.39 MT in coal this April as compared to 58.35 MT in April 2022, followed by iron ore, cement and others.
- The Ministry of Railways has made sustained efforts to improve the ease of doing business and service delivery at competitive prices, which has resulted in new traffic coming to railways from both conventional and non-conventional commodity streams.
Qns : Indian Railways created a record of how many metric tonnes of monthly freight traffic in April 2023?
(A) 100.35 MT
(B) 58.35 MT
(C) 8.35 MT
(D) 126.46 MT
Ans : (D) 126.46 MT