The Indian women’s hockey team won the Asian Champions Trophy, defeating Japan 4-0 in the final on November 5, 2023, in Ranchi.
- The goals for India were scored by Sangita Kumari, Neha, Laremsiami, and Vandana Katariya.
- India previously won the Asian Champions Trophy in 2016, while Japan had won it in 2013 and 2021.
- China secured third place by defeating South Korea 2-1, with goals from Yi Chen and Tiantian Luo for China and Sujin An for South Korea.
- Hockey India awarded 3 lakh rupees to each player and 1.50 lakh rupees to support staff in recognition of their performance.
- Salima Tete from Jharkhand was named the Player of the Tournament.
Q.: Who won the Asian Champions Trophy in women’s hockey in 2023?
d. South Korea
Ans : c. India
Q.: In the final, the Indian women’s hockey team defeated which team to win the Asian Champions Trophy 2023?
b. South Korea
Ans : c. Japan