- The Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman, led the Indian delegation to the 56th Annual General Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Development Bank (ADB) in South Korea.
- India is in a pole position as the fifth largest economy in the world and is soon expected to become the fourth largest economy.
- The Finance Minister’s visit highlighted India’s potential as the fastest-growing large economy and raised issues such as climate change and innovative financing for climate finance.
- ADB’s objective is to envision a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific while eradicating extreme poverty in the region.
- India’s success in building digital and physical infrastructure that alone and cumulatively contributes to poverty alleviation has been repeatedly mentioned in Fund Bank meetings and ADB meetings.
- The world has applauded the Aadhaar identity platform, which creates inclusive accounts with Jan Dhan, Aadhaar and mobile trinity, and the success of National Payments Corporation of India and UPI. At least seven or eight countries have shown interest in creating a common identity platform.
Qns : Who led the Indian delegation to the 56th Annual General Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
(A) Nirmala Sitharaman
(B) Narendra Modi
(C) Rahul Gandhi
(D) Amit Shah
Answer : (A) Nirmala Sitharaman