India’s athletes achieved a historic performance at the 31st World University Games took place from July 28 to August 8 in Chengdu, China.
- They won a total of 26 medals, including 11 golds, 5 silvers, and 10 bronzes.
- This marks India’s best-ever performance at the event, surpassing their previous record of five medals.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated the Indian contingent and praised their accomplishment, highlighting their role in inspiring future athletes.
- Notable Indian gold medalists include Neeraj Chopra (javelin throw), Dutee Chand (100m sprint), Annu Rani (women’s javelin throw), and Manu Bhaker (10m air pistol).
- The World University Games, known as the Summer Universiade, is a major multi-sport competition for university students.
- The event was organized by the International University Sports Federation (FISU) and featured over 10,000 participants from 170+ countries.
Q.: In which city did the 31st World University Games take place?
a) New Delhi, India
b) Beijing, China
c) Chengdu, China
d) Tokyo, Japan
Ans : c) Chengdu, China