The following points provide an overview of the key events and highlights from the 18th G20 Summit held on 9th and 10th September 2023in New Delhi.
- The 18th G20 Summit concluded in New Delhi on September 10, 2023, with India passing the Presidency to Brazil.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi handed over the ceremonial gavel to President Luiz Inacio Lula Da Silva of Brazil during the closing ceremony.
- President Lula Da Silva appreciated India’s leadership and welcomed the African Union as a full member of the G20.
- During the third session, Prime Minister Modi addressed various global issues, including UN Security Council reforms, the mandate of Multilateral Development Banks, and the regulation of cryptocurrencies.
- India took several significant initiatives during the Summit, including including the African Union in the G20, launching the Global Biofuel Alliance, and promoting economic integration through initiatives like the India-Middle East-Europe Economic Corridor.
- The G20 New Delhi Leaders’ Declaration was adopted unanimously.
Q.: Who assumed the G20 Presidency from India at the 18th G20 Summit held in New Delhi?”
a) Narendra Modi
b) Luiz Inacio Lula Da Silva
c) Xi Jinping
d) Vladimir Putin
Ans : b) Luiz Inacio Lula Da Silva