- Savitribai Phule Pune University won the gold medal in the women’s tennis event at the Khelo India University Games.
- They defeated defending champions Osmania University with a score of 2-0 in the final match.
- The tournament took place at the Ekana International Tennis Stadium in Lucknow.
- Meanwhile, women’s tennis players of Jain University won bronze medal by defeating University of Madras 2-0.
- For the bronze medal as well it was a nail-biting finish for Gujarat University as they overcame Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (Deemed to be University) (KIIT) by 2-1.
Qns : Which university won the gold medal in the women’s tennis event at the Khelo India University Games?
(A) Osmania University
(B) Savitribai Phule Pune University
(C) Jain University
(D) University of Madras
Ans : (B) Savitribai Phule Pune University