Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is constructing the Likaru-Migla-Fukche road in Eastern Ladakh. The road is 64 km long and will connect Likaru to Fukche, near the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- Likaru-Migla-Fukche road will become the world’s highest motorable road, reaching an altitude of 19,400 feet.
- Currently, the Umlingla pass at 19,024 feet holds the record for the world’s highest motorable pass, built by BRO in 2021.
- The new road will provide an axis between Hanle and CDFD road at Fukche.
- Migla, located at 19,400 feet, is a strategic point along the road.
- The project is allocated a budget of approximately Rs 520 crore.
Ques: What is the altitude of Migla, a strategically important point on the Likaru-Migla-Fukche road in Eastern Ladakh.
a) 19,024 feet
b) 19,400 feet
c) 18,000 feet
d) 20,000 feet
Ans :b) 19,400 feet