In Chess FIDE Chess World Cup 2023 final, Magnus Carlsen of Norway beat India’s R. Praggnanandhaa in tie-breaks at Baku in Azerbaijan on 14 August 2023.
- Magnus Carlsen wins FIDE Chess World Cup 2023 by defeating Praggnanandhaa.
- Carlsen wins with a final score of 1.5, Praggnanandhaa with 0.5.
- Carlsen gets the Gold, Praggnanandhaa gets the Silver.
- Carlsen wins his first FIDE World Cup title.
- Praggnanandhaa reaches the final and makes history as the youngest finalist and winner.
- Praggnanandhaa is the first Indian after Viswanathan Anand to reach the final.
Q.: Who emerged as the winner of the FIDE Chess World Cup 2023?
a) R. Praggnanandhaa
b) Viswanathan Anand
c) Magnus Carlsen
d) Ding Liren
Ans : c) Magnus Carlsen