- On June 2023, Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde has launched Asia’s largest, ambitious and historic cluster development plan in Thane.
- The scheme was envisaged for mass redevelopment of unauthorized and official dangerous buildings after the Sairaj Building collapse in Thane, which claimed 18 lives.
- The redeveloped township plan includes well equipped health, educational, sports, recreational, parking, mandi and civic amenities. CIDCO will execute this project. Under the project, integrated redevelopment project will be done on the lines of township.
- The occupants will get a self-occupied house of 323 sq.ft. The scheme will be implemented not only in Thane but also in Mumbai and Mira-Bhayander area of Thane district.
- 10,000 houses will be constructed in the first phase of the cluster development in Thane over an area of 1500 acres.
Qns : In which state of India, Asia’s largest cluster development scheme has been launched?
Ans : (D) Maharashtra